Monday 11 June 2012

I'm now a Professor!

I've just been appointed Professor in 'Environmental and Ecological Economics' in Aber Uni's School of Business and Management. Yipee!  Official start date is the 1st August 2012.

I'm really excited about the new post. Not only will a professorship open up new opportunities for new research and teaching, but a move to a new department is always stimulating. In particular, I'm really looking forward to enhanced opportunities to be able to have in-depth discussions on economic concepts with my new colleagues. I've already had a few discussions with people about collaborative research. Also, there appears to be opportunities to develop Master's levels courses that would include environmental economics.

Given that Aber Uni is reasonable small, I already know quite a few of the SMB staff, and they all seem really nice and welcoming.

I will, however, be a bit sad to leave IBERS - I've been there in its various formats since 1996. However, at the moment at least, SMB is next door to IBERS so I'll still see old colleagues and still plan to maintain my working links with them.

Anyway, well done me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment